Loose Furniture Refurbishment
Community Leisure Centre
5 Services Used:
- Consultations & advice
- Loose furniture
- Risk Assessments
- Method Statements
- Delivery Schedule
Meadowbank Leisure Centre, Edinburgh
Loose Furniture Refurbishment
November 2021 January 2022
The Meadowbank Sports Centre closed its doors in December 2017 to allow a major development of the site to get underway. Originally built for the 1970 Commonwealth Games, the vision for the new flagship sports facility with stadium, designed by Holmes Miller (architects), and built by Graham Construction is to primarily support both the local community and clubs in Edinburgh.
The impressive new sports centre grand opening, estimated at £41.1m, was delayed due to the knock-on effects of the worldwide pandemic including construction setbacks, labour shortage, and supply chain delays, with the official opening scheduled in the early months of 2022.
As part of the loose furniture refurbishment programme, awarded via the ESPO 282 framework, Combined Office Interiors were delighted to be invited to provide solutions for office accommodation, meeting rooms, breakout, social spaces, and staff areas.
With the combined use of modern furnishings and durable textures incorporating hardwearing fabrics and softening wood finishes, we have helped create an inspiring and inviting versatile space, we are sure the local community will enjoy for many years to come.
Over a two-day installation programme, we delivered and installed:
- A total of sixty-four bench-style desks with scalloped edges, cable management, and power modules, finished with White MFC tops and Silver frames.
- Non-pinnable desktop divider screens finished in a Lucia fabric.
- Tall, secure ten-door locker units including ‘store and charge’ facilities.
- Twelve tilt-top tables with White MFC tops and aluminium frames.
- Multipurpose meeting room tables with 50x50mm leg detail, White MFC tops, and Silver frames.
And all associated seating, including:
- High back ergonomic office chairs.
- High back two seater booths.
- Two and four-seater media booths with steel leg frames and white laminate top meeting tables.
- Slate Grey, polypropylene one-piece chairs.
- Mesh back cantilever meeting chairs, with upholstered seats and silver frames.
“We would like to thank Steve Robinson and the team at Combined Office Interiors for the professional job they did in the procurement and installation of loose furniture into the newly transformed Meadowbank Leisure Centre.
From effective communication through to detailed specifications, COI provided an excellent project-managed service with great attention to customer service.
We are delighted with the quality of their products and our whole customer experience, having also received many positive comments from the leisure centre members, and the wider community.”
Nicola McIntosh, Operations Manager
Community Leisure Centre Gallery
Last Updated on April 19, 2022