How long do you spend every day at your desk?
When you actually stop to think about it, you will probably be surprised to realise we can spend more time sitting at our desks than we do on the sofa at home!
And it’s for this exact reason you should ensure you’ve invested in a quality office chair that will provide comfort and good posture, whilst discouraging decreased productivity and chronic back pain.
Investing in quality office seating will provide an instant reward, but with so many options on today’s market including online shops, how can you ensure you’re making a good investment?
Below we’ve put together some top tips and recommendations to help you make an informed decision and assist your team sit more comfortably:
- Choose a chair that is easily adjustable upward and downward, this ensures users of all sizes are comfortable.
- The seat pad should be soft enough to allow even distribution of weight/pressure but not so soft that movement is restricted or you can feel the plastic base of the chair.
- Look for a chair that has a waterfall front so it doesn’t impinge the back of the thighs and ensure it is appropriately sized.
- A chair with good padding, additional lumbar support, and back height adjustability can offer the user greater comfort.
- We would recommend an office chair that has flexible back positions including back tilt and one that can be locked into position.
- If you prefer chairs with armrests, it’s a good idea to make sure they are height adjustable or can be folded away when not required.
- Obviously, the colour of your new chair is of great importance, but you should also consider the type of upholstery fabric you require. A good fabric choice will prevent sliding and dispel heat and moisture.
- Seating paddles and adjustments should be easily accessed while the user is in a seated position.
- A chair with castors on a five-star base is the most appropriate swivel chair for an office environment.
- Our best piece of advice and top tip would be to ‘try before you buy’. By physically sitting in a selected chair you can make a far better-informed decision.
We hope our advice helps when you’re looking to make your next purchase. If you would like any further advice or if you would like to arrange a showroom visit at any one of our fully stocked showrooms, please get in touch to arrange an appointment at your convenience: Tel: 01480 869001 Email: email@example.com
Last Updated on May 6, 2022